Senior Lecturer, Massey University
I am a Senior Lecturer teaching BIM and Building Innovation Tools such as Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. I am the recipient of the 2020 Massey Research Medal - Early Career and the 2020 College of Science Research Award - Early Career.
I obtain a doctorate in Civil Engineering investigating human behavior in Disasters using Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality tools. Please visit www.lovreglio.info for more information.
My studies embed:
- Decision-Making during Emergencies;
- Evacuation and Pedestrian Modelling;
- Human Behavior in Disasters;
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (Oculus, VIVE, Unity)
- Data Collection and Data Analysis (R, MATLAB, SPSS, Ngene);
- Discrete Choice Analysis (Biogeme, Nlogit);
- Applied statistics for Medial Image Analysis.
I have published more than 40 journal papers and 25 conference papers on Pedestrian and Evacuation Modelling, Evacuee Decision-Making and MRI analysis (see https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ruggiero_Lovreglio).
I am an Associate Editor for Safety Science and member of the Editorial Board of Fire Technology and Fire Safety Science.
I am also reviewer for more than 40 International Journals in different fields, such as fire, safety and simulation research, applied mathematics and transportation modelling.
Jun 12, 2021 07:14 am UTC| Technology
Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) arent just for gaming anymore, theyre also proving to be useful tools for disaster safety research. In fact, they could save lives. Around the world, natural and...