On Monday, the title for “Star Wars: Episode VIII” was revealed to be “The Last Jedi.” Entertainment Weekly noticed that the revelation didn’t come with any explanation from Lucasfilm or writer-director Rhian Johnson, who first used “Space Bear” as its working title.
But what sets this piece of “Star Wars” news from the rest is that there is a sense of foreboding that came with it, especially with the fact that Carrie Fisher, who played Princess Leia in the movie franchise, passed away December 27 of last year. There have been growing speculation that Fisher’s passing (and potentially reduced role in the franchise) could also spell a cinematic death for “Star Wars”’s most beloved character: Luke Skywalker.
Mark Hamill, who is due to play the legendary space warrior alongside potential ward Rei (Daisy Ridley) in “The Last Jedi,” said a comment that sent the fandom buzzing.
To an audience at a charity event, The Hollywood Reporter quoted Hamill, who said: "I finish Episode VIII, and then I'm out of work."
NME said Hamill has since teased his appearance in “Episode XI” in a tweet, so it is impossible that he’ll die in “Episode VIII” and leaving a trained Rei as “The Last Jedi.” Moreover, another tweet has since pointed out that “The Last Jedi” has always been Luke, and that it doesn’t mean that he will meet his fate so soon.
Meanwhile, there have been assumptions that the trailer for “The Last Jedi” will premiere in one of TV’s biggest shows: the SuperBowl. The Independent said that it is more likely, considering the fact that SuperBowl is in two weeks and that Lucasfilm and Disney released the trailer for “The Force Awakens” three weeks after the title was revealed. On the other hand, the news site also speculated that the trailer might debut during the Star Wars Celebration, which is in April.


Mexico Probes Miss Universe President Raul Rocha Over Alleged Criminal Links
Anderson Cooper to Exit CBS News’ 60 Minutes After Nearly 20 Years
Jazz Ensemble Cancels Kennedy Center New Year’s Eve Shows After Trump Renaming Sparks Backlash
DOJ Antitrust Chief Rejects Political Fast-Track for Paramount-Skydance Deal
Paramount Skydance Eyes Streamlined Merger with Warner Bros Discovery Amid $60 Billion Offer Rejection
Trump Faces Mixed Reception at Kennedy Center Amid Conservative Overhaul
Trump Threatens Legal Action Against Disney’s ABC Over Jimmy Kimmel’s Return
Paramount’s $108.4B Hostile Bid for Warner Bros Discovery Signals Major Shift in Hollywood
Netflix Shuts Down Boss Fight Entertainment, Developer of “Squid Game: Unleashed” Amid Gaming Strategy Shift
George Clooney Criticizes Trump’s Tariff Threat, Calls for Film Tax Incentives
Trump to Pardon Reality Stars Todd and Julie Chrisley After Tax Fraud Conviction
Trump-Inspired Cantonese Opera Brings Laughter and Political Satire to Hong Kong
Disney’s Streaming Growth Hinges on International Expansion and Local Content
How Marvel’s Fantastic Four discovered the human in the superhuman 



