The British government has imposed a new round of sanctions this week as Russia’s aggression on Ukraine is reaching one year. London has now targeted entities and individuals involved in the supply of military equipment for Russian forces.
The UK imposed new sanctions on Wednesday, targeting the “Russian military and Kremlin elites.” Six entities were targeted in the latest round of sanctions over allegedly providing military equipment to Russia’s military, including drones for use in Ukraine. One entity connected to financial networks that help “maintain wealth and power amongst Kremlin elites” was also sanctioned, along with eight other individuals, the government said in a statement as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy visited the UK.
“Ukraine has shown Putin that it will not break under his tyrannical invasion. He has responded by indiscriminately striking civilian areas and critical national infrastructure across the country,” said foreign secretary James Cleverly in a statement. “We cannot let him succeed. We must increase our support.”
The UK has sanctioned over 1,300 Russian entities and individuals since the war in February last year. London has also sanctioned IT service firm Moscoms for acting as a “nexus for the Russian elite” by providing host domains to those involved in assaulting Ukraine.
The individuals sanctioned include Russia’s Presidential Commissioner for Human Rights Boris Titov, former deputy firm of Russia’s largest privately-owned oil refinery Nikolay Egorov, pro-Kremlin news outlet Regum owner Sergey Rudnov, Bank Rossiya and National Media Group shareholder Svetlana Krivonogikh, Russian aircraft repair firm Aerostart owner Viktor Myachin, Russian pharmaceutical firm R-Pharm chairman Alexey Repik, former presidential aide Evgeny Shkolov, and Titov’s son and Delovaya Rossiya president Pavel Titov.
On Thursday, the British defense ministry said in its intelligence bulletin that cross-country mobility conditions in western Ukraine remain the same, saying that the weather remains a big factor in the war. The ministry added that the CCM would likely be at its worst by mid to late March.
“Commanders on both sides will highly likely seek to avoid scheduling major offensives at such times. However, perceived political or operational opportunities can override such concerns as demonstrated by Russia launching its invasion in late February 2022,” said the ministry.


UN Backs ICJ Climate Ruling Despite U.S. Opposition
Oil Tankers Exit Strait of Hormuz as Trump Signals Possible Iran Deal
U.S. Sanctions Tanzanian Police Official Over Human Rights Violations
Georgia GOP Senate Primary Heads to Runoff as Collins and Dooley Advance
U.S. Removes Francesca Albanese From Sanctions List After Court Ruling
Iran Pushes Nationalist Propaganda as Economic Crisis and War Deepen
Erdogan Welcomes Extended Iran Ceasefire in Call With Trump
China to Buy 200 Boeing Jets, Push for Extended U.S. Trade Deal
Gaza Ceasefire Failure Risks Permanent Division, U.N. Warns
Trump-Taiwan Talks Could Reshape U.S.-China Relations
US Expands Criminal Investigation Into Nicolas Maduro With New Florida Probe
Vance and Rubio Intensify 2028 Republican Succession Battle Amid Trump Approval Slide
Chicago U.S. Attorney Drops Charges Against Broadview Protest Defendants
Trump to Swear In Kevin Warsh as New Federal Reserve Chair Amid Inflation Concerns
Raul Castro Indicted by U.S.: Cuba’s Revolutionary Leader Faces Renewed Scrutiny in 2026
Rubio Pressures NATO Allies as Trump Questions Alliance Commitment
Sheinbaum Warns Morena Officials to Resign Over Corruption Allegations Amid U.S. Pressure 



