Yet another domestic attack was made in Afghanistan as a bombing occurred in a Sikh mosque in the country’s capital Kabul. The extremist group Islamic State has claimed the attack at the place of worship which killed two people.
Over the weekend, the Islamic State militant group claimed responsibility for an attack at a Sikh mosque in Kabul. The attack at the place of worship killed two people and injured seven others, marking another incident of violence that targeted religious minorities and places of worship.
The group’s local branch claimed the attack on a Telegram channel, saying the attack was the group’s response to insults hurled at the Prophet Mohammed. This was a reference to the spokeswoman of India’s ruling political party, which has been condemned by many countries that are predominantly Muslim.
A spokesman for the Taliban-backed Afghan interior ministry said attackers filled a car with explosives but the explosives detonated before reaching the intended target. According to the temple official Goram Singh, around 30 people were inside the building at the time of the attack.
The spokesperson for Kabul’s commander also reported that one Sikh worshipper was killed in the attack, and one Taliban fighter was also killed as his group took control of the area.
This is one of the attacks claimed by the Islamic State militant group in recent months. The group said a suicide bomber went into the temple Saturday with a machine gun and grenades after killing the temple’s guard. Other militants fought for over three hours against the Taliban fighters, who tried to intervene to protect the building.
The insurgent group retook control of Afghanistan following the withdrawal of the US and other Western military forces from the country in August last year. The US Senate recently passed the bill that would provide expanded care for army veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan who were exposed to the toxic military burn pits while on duty.
The bill was passed Thursday last week, with senators praising the bipartisan support the legislation has received. If the bill is signed into law, it would cost $180 billion over the first four years and would benefit nearly 3.5 million US veterans who developed illnesses that would likely be caused by exposure to the toxic burn pits.


US Tightens Cuba Sanctions, Targets Officials and State Entities
CK Hutchison Seeks $1.5 Billion From Panama Over Canal Ports
Trump Eyes Kim Jong Un Meeting, Cites North Korea’s 57 Nuclear Weapons
Trump Eyes 15% Tariff on Canadian Auto Imports in New Trade Deal
Myanmar Military Pushes to Clear Land for Russia-Backed Dawei SEZ
Israel, Syria Discuss Turkey’s Military Presence Before Airstrike
Australia Summons Israeli Ambassador Over Gaza Aid Worker Death
South Korea Estimates North Korea Has Up to 120 Nuclear Warheads
Israeli Airstrikes Kill 10 Palestinians in Gaza as Ceasefire Diplomacy Stalls
Trump Administration Moves to Strip ABA of Law School Accreditor Status
UN Chief Raises Concern Over US Sanctions on ICC Officials
Russia Strikes Kyiv With Drones and Airstrikes, Targets Military Facilities
US Plans ‘Toughest Sanctions in History’ on Iran, Bessent Says
Prince Harry Faces Potential Multi-Million-Pound Legal Bill in Daily Mail Case
Trump Threatens ‘Crushing’ Iran Sanctions as Hormuz Standoff Deepens
NATO Facilitates Allied Talks on Strait of Hormuz Navigation
EU’s Von der Leyen Condemns Israel’s E1 West Bank Settlement Plan 



