In terms of volatility risks, this week is heavy with the focus on central banks and geopolitics,
What to watch for over the coming days:
- European Central Bank (ECB) will release a lending survey on Tuesday.
- Bank of England (BoE) will release minutes of the last monetary policy meeting on Tuesday.
- Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) Governor Lowe’s speech on Thursday.
- European Central Bank (ECB) will announce the rate decision on Thursday.
- German flash PMI report on Tuesday, and IFO business climate report on Thursday.
- U.S. durable goods report on Thursday and flash second-quarter GDP report on Friday.
- The winner of the British Conservative Party leadership contest will be announced on Tuesday.
- Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan to visit the U.S.
- The focus will be on UK-Iran feud, as Iran captured two British oil tankers in the Straits of Hormuz, in response to the British capture of Iranian oil tankers.