MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Jan. 4, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada) Ltd. (Konica Minolta) a leader in information management focused on enterprise content, technology optimization and cloud services, today introduces two new services that bolster mobile printing capabilities and control over the devices accessing company data, effectively addressing challenges related to "Bring Your Own Device" (BYOD) trends affecting all business environments.
EveryonePrint today makes its debut to the Canadian market. This secure printing solution allows users to easily print to any desired printer on a business's network. It can be installed as an on-premise or private cloud solution, and there's no need for a mobile device to be added to a domain or to download print drivers. Whether in a small business or a global enterprise corporation, EveryonePrint provides a host of benefits, including:
- Authentication via Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) or Active Directory (to ensure only authorized users can print)
- End-to-end encryption of print jobs
- Secure release of print jobs
- IT administration full customization via a simple user interface
- Integration with any printing infrastructure, from printers and mobile devices to third-party print accounting solutions
EveryonePrint is available in four versions:
- Standalone – A per printer license that offers printing from an unlimited number of mobile devices to a single printer.
- Connect – Available as a per-server license. It offers the same functionality as the Standalone version, plus the ability to integrate with a variety of print accounting solutions such as PaperCut, Equitrac, etc. This version is ideal for small to medium educational institutions and customers with simple networks.
- Professional – Also available as a per-server license with the same general functionality as Connect, but includes Wide Area printing, which allows users to use AirPrint across complex networks. Bundled with an Microsoft Office conversion engine for printing Microsoft Office documents without the need to install Microsoft Office on the EveryonePrint server. This version is recommended for a wide pool of customers, including small- to mid-sized businesses and corporate enterprise environments, as well as government, education, healthcare and financial verticals.
- Enterprise – Available as a site license with an unlimited amount of server and printer licenses. This version offers the same functionality as the professional version and is recommended for all large enterprise and/or global accounts.
All versions provide users with five ways to print:
- Web – Users can upload documents via a web portal for printing.
- Email – Users send documents to print from any email enabled device.
- Google Cloud – Users can print using the native printing capabilities of an Android device.
- AirPrint - Users can print using the native printing capabilities of an iOS device.
- Driver – Users print directly from programs and applications installed on laptops and notebooks to any printer available in EveryonePrint. This is done via a generic print driver.
"It's very exhilarating for us to be the first manufacturer to introduce EveryonePrint to the Canadian market today. Konica Minolta continues to enhance the mobile user experience, and with the continually growing 'Bring Your Own Device' to work trend, the way information technology is managed significantly changes the way we work," said Norm Bussolaro, director, product marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada) Ltd.
About Konica Minolta
Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada) Ltd. is one of the world's leaders in information management focused on enterprise content, technology optimization and cloud services. Our portfolio of offerings deliver solutions to improve our customers' speed to market, manage technology costs, and facilitate the sharing of information to increase productivity. Konica Minolta has won numerous awards and recognition, including placement in the Leaders Quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for Managed Print Services (MPS) and Managed Content Services (MCS). Konica Minolta has been recognized as the #1 Brand for Customer Loyalty in the MFP Office Copier Market by Brand Keys for eight consecutive years. Konica Minolta has also been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for four years in a row. For more information, please visit: www.KonicaMinolta.ca and follow Konica Minolta LinkedIn, Twitter @KonicaMinoltaCA, and YouTube.
CONTACT: Rebekah Fougere, Director, Marketing & Sales Support Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada) Ltd. +1 905.890.6600 [email protected]