FxWirePro: Aussie Gains On Momentary Softness of Dollar - Capitalize on AUD/USD Interim Rallies For Hedging Via Diagonal Put Spread
Cryptocurrency Derivatives Series: Ethereum On Verge Of 2Y Highs – FxWirePro’s Hedges Safeguard Upside Risks
FxWirePro: What s Driving USD/JPY? Capitalize on 2m/2w OTC Bids & Deploy Diagonal Put Spreads To Hedge
FxWirePro: Aussie Consolidation Prolongs Amid Looming Headwinds of Covid-Pandemic – OTC Updates & Options Strategy
FxWirePro: Sterling Gains Momentum But Long-Term Prospects Still Edgy – Capitalize on 2m/2w OTC Bids & Deploy ‘DDPS’ Ahead of FOMC
FxWirePro: Bullish/Bearish Scenarios, OTC Updates of EUR/JPY Ahead of ECB and Hedging Strategies
Bearish EURJPY Scenarios:
1) ECB goes all-in with rates cuts, tiering and QE.
2) Trump proceeds with tariffs on Euro car imports.
3) A no-deal Brexit.
4) The trade tensions between the US and China intensify and global investors’ risk aversion heightens significantly,
5) The unexpected monetary policy change by the BoJ
6) The US starts vehemently criticizing Japan’s trade surplus with the US.
Bullish EURJPY Scenarios:
1) Euro-area economy rebounds to a sustained 1.5%+ growth rate.
2) A US-China peace treaty on trade.
3) 3) A re-acceleration of CB demand for EUR.
4) The momentum in JPY selling flows related to outward portfolio investments and FDI strengthens.
EURJPY trend has been weaker in both minor and major trends amid some abrupt rallies. The European Central Bank (ECB) is scheduled for their monetary policy on 12th September, they showed readiness to cut its key rate in its recent monetary policy. So, there is no reason for the euro to appreciate considerably in the short run.
OTC outlook: Please be noted that the positively skewed IVs of 3m tenors that are also signifying the hedging interests for the bearish risks. The bids for OTM puts expect that the underlying spot FX likely to show further dips so that OTM instruments would expire in-the-money.
Most importantly, to substantiate the above indications, we could see some minor positive shifts in existing bearish risk reversal set-up of EURJPY that indicates the long-term hedging sentiments across all tenors are still substantiating bearish risks amid minor abrupt upswings in the short-term. Please be noted that 3m IVs are overall OTC barometer is noteworthy size in the forex options market that can stimulate the underlying forex spot rate.
Options Strategy: Contemplating the above factors, we’ve advocated buying 3m EURJPY (1%) ITM -0.79 delta puts for aggressive bears on hedging grounds as the mild abrupt upswings were contemplated earlier.
Short hedge: Alternatively, we advocated shorts in futures contracts of mid-month tenors with a view to arresting potential dips. since further price dips are foreseen we would like to uphold the same strategy by rolling over these contracts for September month deliveries. Source: Sentrix, JPM & Saxobank