As per studies, dental disorders are the most common disorders affecting the population, regardless of age group and gender. Luckily, most of them can be successfully prevented by taking care of your oral hygiene, maintaining healthy dietary habits and regular dental check-ups by the professional dental hygienist team, just like the one at MyBite. If you observe any problem in your oral cavity or you have simply delayed the visit to your dentist due to any reason, it is high time you schedule one right away. After all, apart from displaying your set of pearly whites to boost your confidence, you need to make sure that your teeth remain healthy and efficient for decades against all odds. If you suffer from anxiety, thinking about the treatment procedures, this article compiles the most common dental procedure you will witness, at a dental care center.
- Bonding: It is the treatment used for decayed, discolored and damaged teeth. It is also used to reduce the interdental gap within the teeth. For this procedure, a mixture is prepared by including the raisins. Several layers of raisins are applied to the tooth and left to get hardened. At the final step, they are shaped to look identical to the natural teeth.
- Braces application: Braces are the wires used to straighten the crooked teeth. These are used to align the teeth straightly and solving any bite-related problems. This is a long-term orthodontic procedure.
- Bridges and Implants: These are the two ways to replace the missing teeth. Bridges are the false teeth kept in their position by placing them with the strong and fixed adjacent teeth. Dental implants are the artificial roots used to support the artificial teeth within your cavity.
- Capping and Crowning: A cap or crown is used to cover the damaged tooth. It is made from several types of material. It is customized by your dentist as per your measurements. Since its procedure is lengthy and complex, it will require multiple sessions for completion. Multiple appointments might be required with your dentist to make this procedure successful.
- Dentures: These are the false teeth or prosthetic devices used to repair the teeth that have been lost due to any reason. They can be partial and complete.
- Extractions: A tooth that is damaged beyond repair and creates problems for the adjacent healthy teeth, is often extracted. In some cases, when the damage is irreversible due to the deeper penetration of bacteria, it is extracted for the orthodontic procedure to save the entire oral cavity. This happens with temporary as well as permanent teeth.
- Filling and repairs: These are the common restorative procedure used to repair the damage caused by cavities and trauma.
- Gum surgeries: Gum disease affects the jaw bone and gums. This bacterial infection includes gingivitis and periodontitis. The latter one is more severe than the former. In extreme cases, surgery is often advised to treat the disease.
- Teeth Whitening: Accumulation of plaques, smoking habits and gulping down several cups of coffee may end up staining your teeth yellow-brown after years. To avoid the embarrassment of these stained teeth, the Teeth Whitening Treatment is done by the professional dentists, that visibly brighten your teeth. Several chemical products are used on your teeth, to change their shade that requires several seatings at your dentist. However, results are often worth the time and patience.
- Root Canal Treatment: This tooth that contains abscess, usually required this treatment. The infected tooth is cleared out of abscess and the cavity formed within, is filled and the opening is finally closed. It prevents the spread of abscess to the adjacent healthy teeth.
- Scanning for Oral Cancer: During a dental examination, a dentist goes through your oral cavity extensively to look out for any signs of oral cancer.
- Veneers: These are the strong pieces of porcelain bonded to your teeth. These are used to repair the chipped, decayed, stained teeth and also helps in closing the gap between your teeth. They also improve the appearance of slightly crooked teeth up to a certain degree. These are also used for cosmetic reasons at several places. Scheme for their employment, however, may end up taking repetitious seating.
This article does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the editors or management of EconoTimes.