The New York Mets aren’t giving up 2019 just yet and are positive they can make a good run amidst the grueling journey towards the postseason, which will begin on Oct 1. As such, the team has opted to keep Noah Syndergaard, Zack Wheeler, and Edwin Diaz on the roster.
The three have been heavily speculated to be out the door of the New York Mets, but the trade deadline has come and gone, and they’re still on the roster. The only one who got sent on the chopping block was Jason Vargas.
New York Mets general manager Brodie Van Wagenen said that parting ways with Vargas were due to the team creating a space for Marcus Stroman. Stroman himself said that he’s glad that the team has been kept intact.
“I was praying we didn’t trade any of those guys because I truly think we can have the best staff in all of baseball. I hope I can come in and just add to that,” the newly-minted New York Mets said. The team is currently on a roll as they’ve won seven straight following a spectacular performance from Wheeler yesterday.
The 29-year-old only got four hits and struck out seven when the New York Mets went against the White Sox, providing a solid argument for himself and his future position with the team. Wheler also expressed his enthusiasm at their roster and said they’re going to try their best in keeping the winning streak going.
Meanwhile, New York Mets manager Mickey Callaway admits that the battle hasn’t been won yet and the arduous journey will only be more challenging from here on out. But he, too, has plenty of reasons to be optimistic as the team is 7-3 in their last 10 games. With Stroman being injected into the lineup, that run could indeed be kept alive.
Stroman has a 2.96 ERA over 21 starts so far this season. His last seven starts got his ERA to 2.30 as he struck out 36 batters but only letting seven of them walk. Combined that with Wheeler catching fire recently and the New York Mets’ rotation is looking solid indeed. The team will be facing their next challenge this Friday, and they’re billed as the favorite to win on account of them sweeping the Pittsburgh Pirates last weekend.


Los Angeles World Cup Security Plans: No ICE Immigration Enforcement at FIFA 2026 Matches, Officials Say
FIFA Defends Balogun Ban Suspension After Trump Praise Sparks World Cup Controversy
Netflix, Disney, YouTube Eye FIFA World Cup TV Rights in Multi-Billion Dollar Battle
Republican Lawmakers Urge National Guard Role for World Cup Drone Security
Trump’s U.S. Open Visit Delays Final, Fans Face Long Security Lines
DOJ Launches Antitrust Investigation Into the NFL Over Broadcast Restrictions
NBA Returns to China with Alibaba Partnership and Historic Macau Games
FAA to Pause Reagan National Airport Flights for Freedom 250 IndyCar Race
Native American Groups Slam Trump’s Call to Restore Redskins Name
Trump Draws Cheers at Ryder Cup as U.S. Trails Europe After Opening Day
Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Big-Money College Athlete Payouts
World game at war: why some European nations have threatened a World Cup boycott
FBI Faces Historic Security Challenge Ahead of 2026 FIFA World Cup
Trump Plans New Executive Order to Address Rising NIL Costs in College Sports
US to Review Iran World Cup Travel Restrictions Ahead of Egypt Clash
U.S. Plans $115 Million Counter-Drone Investment to Secure FIFA World Cup and Major National Events
Marco Rubio Says U.S. Will Block IRGC-Linked Individuals From Iran World Cup Delegation 



