Lots of economic data and events scheduled for today, and all with low to medium volatility risks associated.
Data released so far:
- Australia: November trade balance came at $1.925 billion with imports rising 2 percent and exports rising 1 percent.
- Japan: In December consumer confidence declined to 42.7 from 42.9 in November.
- Switzerland: December unemployment report will be released at 6:45 GMT, followed by the November retail sales report at 7:30 GMT.
- Germany: November retail sales report will be published at 7:00 GMT.
- France: November trade balance report will be released at 7:45 GMT.
- United Kingdom: Halifax house price report will be published at 8:30 GMT.
- Eurozone: Eurozone December sentiment report will be published at 10:00 GMT.
- United States: NFIB business optimism report will be published at 11:00 GMT, followed by the November trade balance report at 13:30 GMT. The JOLTS jobs report will be released at 15:00 GMT.
- Canada: November trade balance report will be published at 13:30 GMT.
- Auction: the U.S. will auction 3-year note at 18:00 GMT.