Lots of economic data and events scheduled for today, and some with high volatility risks associated.
Data and events so far:
- China: Manufacturing PMI rose to 49.7 in July. Non-manufacturing PMI declined to 53.7 in July.
- New Zealand: ANZ business confidence deteriorated to -44.3 in July. Activity outlook deteriorated to just 5 percent in July from 8 percent in June.
- Australia: Q2 CPI inflation rose to 1.6 percent y/y, up from 1.3 percent in Q1. RBA trimmed-mean CPI was unchanged at 1.6 percent.
- Japan: Housing starts, construction orders, and consumer confidence reports to be released at 5:00 GMT.
- Germany: June retail sales report due at 6:00 GMT, followed by the July unemployment report at 7:55 GMT.
- United Kingdom: Nationwide house price report to be published at 6:00 GMT.
- France: Consumer inflation report to be released at 6:45 GMT.
- Spain: Q2 GDP report due at 7:00 GMT.
- Italy: July CPI inflation report will be released at 9:00 GMT, followed by the Q2 GDP report at 10:00 GMT.
- Eurozone: Q2 GDP, CPI inflation and June unemployment reports will be published at 9:00 GMT.
- United States: MBA mortgage applications report due at 11:00 GMT, followed by ADP employment report at 12:15 GMT, and Chicago PM report at 13:45 GMT. EIA will release its weekly crude oil inventory report at 14:30 GMT. Federal Reserve will announce monetary policy decisions at 18:00 GMT.
- Australia: Performance of manufacturing index to be updated at 22:30 GMT.