Lots of economic data and events scheduled for today, and some with high volatility risks associated.
Data released so far:
- Japan: Flash manufacturing PMI improves to 49.5 in April from 49.2 in March.
- Australia: Unemployment rate rose to 5 percent in March from 4.9 percent as participation rate ticked up by 0.1 percent to 65.7 percent and as employment rose by 25,700. Full-time employment rose by 48,300.
- Germany: March PPI inflation report to be released at 6:00 GMT, followed by flash PMI reports at 7:30 GMT.
- Switzerland: March trade balance due at 6:00 GMT.
- France: Flash PMI reports to be released at 7:15 GMT.
- Eurozone: Flash PMI reports due at 8:00 GMT.
- United Kingdom: March Retail sales report to be released at 8:30 GMT. Prior 4 percent, expected 4.6 percent.
- Italy: Industrial sales and orders report due at 9:00 GMT.
- United States: Retail sales report due at 12:30 GMT, along with weekly jobless claims report. Flash PMI reports to be released at 13:45 GMT. EIA will release its weekly natural gas inventory report 14:30 GMT. Fed’s Bostic is set for a speech 16:10 GMT.
- Canada: March ADP employment report to be released at 12:30 GMT, along with February retail sales report.
- Japan: CPI inflation report due at 23:30 GMT.
- Auction: U.S. will auction 1-month bills at 15:30 GMT.