FxWirePro: Norwegian Krone off 3-week peak on soft inflation figures
Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:55 AM UTC
- The Norwegian Krone retreated from a 3-week peak following soft inflation data .
- Norway's annual inflation rate declined to 0.7 percent in March from 0.9 percent in the previous month, below market expectations of 0.8 percent, its lowest rate since September 2012,
- Separate data showed producer prices tumbled by 12.6 percent year-on-year in March, following a 7.4 percent drop in the previous month, its steepest decline since last October.
- USD/NOK trades 0.3 percent higher at 10.2964, having touched a low of 10.1243 on Tuesday, its lowest March 16.
- Immediate resistance is located at 10.4014 (21-EMA), and close above could take it till 10.4557 (10-DMA).
- On the downside, support is around 10.1570, break below could take it till 10.1240.