FxWirePro: Japanese yen remains almost unchanged after prelim GDP data
Monday, February 17, 2020 1:53 AM UTC
- USD/JPY is currently trading around 109.82 marks.
- It made intraday high at 109.84 mark and low at 109.71 levels.
- Intraday bias remains slightly bearish for the moment.
- A daily close above 110.09 will take the parity higher towards key resistances around 110.70, 111.44 and 112.40 levels respectively.
- On the other side, a sustained close below 109.75 will drag the parity down towards key supports around 109.30, 108.42, 107.84, 106.76 and 105.95 levels respectively.
- Japan’s prelim GDP price index stands at 1.3 pct vs 0.6 pct previous release (expected 1.1).
- Japan’s prelim GDP q/q stands at -1.6 pct vs 0.4 pct previous release (expected -1.0).
- Japan’s Nikkei was trading 0.58 pct lower at 23,550.20 points.