In terms of volatility risks, this week is heavy with the focus of central banks and geopolitics,
What to watch for over the coming days:
- Bank of Japan (BoJ) will announce the monetary policy decision on Tuesday.
- Federal Reserve will announce monetary policy decision on Wednesday.
- Bank of England (BoE) will announce monetary policy on Thursday.
- Japan’s unemployment report on Monday.
- German inflation report on Tuesday, retail sales and unemployment reports on Wednesday.
- U.S. income and spending report on Tuesday, ADP employment report on Wednesday, ISM manufacturing PMI on Thursday, and NFP report on Friday.
- China’s official manufacturing PMI reports on Wednesday and Caixin manufacturing report on Thursday.
- Australia’s inflation report on Wednesday.
- Eurozone Q2 GDP and July inflation report on Wednesday.
- Manufacturing PMI reports from all around the world to be released on Thursday.
- U.S. trade representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to hold trade talks with Chinese counterparts this week.