Agents Mulder and Scully will be back for more episodes, thanks to Fox.
It has been confirmed that “The X-Files,” the popular sci-fi series starring David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, will return to the small screen. According to Fox on Thursday, they have ordered a fresh batch of ten episodes. Deadline reported that production will begin this summer, just in time for the 2017-2018 TV series season.
“Iconic characters, rich storytelling, bold creators – these are the hallmarks of great TV shows. And they are some of the reasons why “The X-Files” has had such a profound impact on millions of fans worldwide. Chris’ creativity, along with the brilliant work of David and Gillian, continue to propel this pop culture phenomenon, and we can’t wait to see what fresh mysteries Mulder and Scully uncover in this next chapter of “The X-Files,”” said Fox president David Madden.
“The X-Files” first returned on the small screen last year after bowing out in 2002. CNN said almost 16 million tuned in to FOX when it premiered the new event series, marking the return FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, who has since investigated several paranormal events since debuting in 1993.
Although there are no details released about the show’s plot, Duchovny and Anderson already tweeted their excitement, and their obvious commitment to the new season.
Gillian, who currently stars as DSI Stella Gibson in the BBC crime drama “The Fall,” tweeted a couple of photos showing her making goofy poses with her partner-in-reel-crime, along with a caption that read, “You ready for more of this @davidduchovny? #TheXFiles.” Duchovny tweeted back “Oh yes, Been ready since '93.”


Squid Game Finale Boosts Netflix Earnings, But Guidance Disappoints Investors
Mexico Probes Miss Universe President Raul Rocha Over Alleged Criminal Links
Trump Proposes Two-Year Shutdown of Kennedy Center Amid Ongoing Turmoil
Trump Signals He May Influence Netflix–Warner Bros Merger Decision
Jazz Ensemble Cancels Kennedy Center New Year’s Eve Shows After Trump Renaming Sparks Backlash
Netflix’s Bid for Warner Bros Discovery Aims to Cut Streaming Costs and Reshape the Industry
Trump Slams Super Bowl Halftime Show Featuring Bad Bunny
Anderson Cooper to Exit CBS News’ 60 Minutes After Nearly 20 Years
Disney Investors Demand Records Over Jimmy Kimmel Suspension Controversy
Pulp are back and more wistfully Britpop than before
Trump to Pardon Reality Stars Todd and Julie Chrisley After Tax Fraud Conviction
Trump–Kushner Links Raise Concerns as Paramount Pushes $108B Warner Bros Discovery Bid
How Marvel’s Fantastic Four discovered the human in the superhuman
DOJ Antitrust Chief Rejects Political Fast-Track for Paramount-Skydance Deal
Gulf Sovereign Funds Unite in Paramount–Skydance Bid for Warner Bros Discovery 



