Errol Spence Jr will be fighting Shawn Porter this Sunday, Sept. 28, and the hype surrounding the match is reaching fever pitch. The bout will be a welterweight unification match involving the IBF and WBC belt.
Right now, Errol Spence Jr is considered the favorite to win the fight as he has the height, reach, and power advantage. Indeed, The Truth has carved a deadly resume in the boxing world, going undefeated in 25 matches, 21 of which was won by way of knockout.
Porter, on the other hand, is at 31 wins, 2 losses, and 17 knockouts. He’s currently on a winning streak right now having won four of his last fights and means to extend it by finishing Errol Spence Jr.
Errol Spence Jr will be taken down a peg
But that’s going to be a tall order for the 31-year-old. This is especially true since Errol Spence Jr is also looking to extend his knockout record to 22, a desire that he’s been reiterating for months leading up to the match.
Of course, Porter isn’t backing down either. He recently told Bad Left Hook that he’s going to leave the ring with Errol Spence Jr’s belt, and will also be taking some of the undefeated fighter’s arrogance as well.
“He’s going to have to adjust,” Porter said referencing to his fighting style that will supposedly surprise Errol Spence Jr. “Once he recognizes that, I expect the arrogance to go out the window and that he’ll have to figure it out.”
Errol Spence Jr still the favorite despite Barry Hunter’s involvement
One of the edges that Porter has over Errol Spence Jr is that Barry Hunter is on his corner. Hunter previously worked with Spence and has reportedly been instructing Porter what strikes to unleash and where to land them to maximize efficiency. The bad news for Porter is that Hunter was also on Lamont Peterson’s corner and his involvement still wasn’t enough to stop the boxing star from finishing Peterson.
With all the hype surrounding the upcoming match, it’s expected that it will draw in a massive crowd, especially since a knockout will likely happen. Errol Spence Jr has recently repeated that he wants to finish Porter off during a rapid-fire interview with PBC. Suffice to say that this is going to be one entertaining match since Porter himself hasn’t been finished in his career.


FIFA Suspends Balogun Ban, Clears U.S. Striker for Belgium World Cup Clash
US to Review Iran World Cup Travel Restrictions Ahead of Egypt Clash
Spying, Southampton and economic pressure cooker of the ‘richest match in football’
US Seizes Nearly 400 Illegal World Cup Streaming Domains in Global Anti-Piracy Crackdown
Trump Draws Cheers at Ryder Cup as U.S. Trails Europe After Opening Day
FIFA Defends Balogun Ban Suspension After Trump Praise Sparks World Cup Controversy
FIFA Faces Investigation Over 2026 World Cup Ticket Pricing and Seat Allocation Issues
Marco Rubio Says U.S. Will Block IRGC-Linked Individuals From Iran World Cup Delegation
Los Angeles Mayor Says White House Must Reassure Fans Ahead of FIFA World Cup
Trump Threatens Stadium Deal Over Washington Commanders Name
Netflix, Disney, YouTube Eye FIFA World Cup TV Rights in Multi-Billion Dollar Battle
FAA to Pause Reagan National Airport Flights for Freedom 250 IndyCar Race
US Reviewing Visa Denial for Venezuelan Little League Team Barred from World Series
Trump’s U.S. Open Visit Delays Final, Fans Face Long Security Lines
Mexico President Claudia Sheinbaum Reconsiders Early School Closure Plan Ahead of 2026 World Cup
Trump Urges Hall of Fame Induction for Roger Clemens Amid Renewed Debate 



