FxWirePro: USD/SEK rebounds from 2-year trough, finds support at 8.6200
Thursday, August 6, 2020 12:42 PM UTC
- The Swedish Krona retreated from a 2-year peak as the greenback surged against a basket of currencies.
- The dollar index gained as weekly data due later in day is expected to show a slight decline in initial claims to 1.415 million last week from 1.434 million in the preceding week.
- Investors also await lawmakers to agree on a new package of government support for the United States.
- USD/SEK trades 0.4 percent higher at 8.6930, having hit a low of 8.6236 earlier, its lowest since June 2018.
- Immediate resistance is located at 8.7462 (10-DMA), any close above could take it near 8.7858.
- On the lower side, support is seen at 8.6010, break below could take it till 8.5870.