FxWirePro: USD/NOK extends gains as greenback rallies across board
Monday, August 10, 2020 11:53 AM UTC
- The Norwegian Krone declined, extending losses for the third straight session, as the greenback rose against a basket of currencies.
- The dollar index rose after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Sunday said they were open to restarting COVID-19 aid talks.
- Moreover, a fresh flare up in U.S.-China tensions further supported the bid tone around the dollar.
- USD/NOK trades 0.2 percent higher at 9.0470, having touched a low of 8.9012 on Thursday, its lowest since Janunary.
- Immediate resistance is located at 9.0651, close above could take it till 9.0847
- On the downside, support is around 8.9180, break below could take it till 8.9010.