FxWirePro: USD/DKK at 2-month peak, finds minor support at 55-EMA
Thursday, September 24, 2020 9:56 AM UTC
- The Danish Krone declined to a 2-month low as the greenback rallied to fresh peaks.
- The dollar index surged to a more than 8-week high as signs of an economic slowdown in Europe and the United States revived concerns about the fallout from a second wave of COVID-19 infections.
- Meanwhile, the Federal Reserve’s warned that the U.S. economy needs more fiscal stimulus.
- The greenback against a basket of currencies traded 0.2 percent up at 94.54, having touched a high of 94.55 earlier, its highest since July 24.
- USD/DKK is trading 0.2 percent higher at 6.3970, having hit high of 6.3978 earlier, its highest since July 24.
- 55-EMA is now acting as minor suport.
- Immediate resistance is located at 6.4000 / 6.4095, close above could take it till 6.4180.
- On the downside, support is seen at 6.3668 (55-EMA) / 6.3561, and any break below will take it till 6.3454.