FxWirePro: Kiwi falls against major peers after as retail sales data misses expectations
Monday, February 24, 2020 2:03 AM UTC
- AUD/NZD is currently trading around 1.0454 marks.
- Pair made intraday high at 1.0459 and low at 1.0423 marks.
- Intraday bias remains bullish for the moment.
- A sustained close above 1.0476 will drag the parity higher towards key resistances around 1.0526, 1.06, 1.0654 and 1.0743 mark respectively.
- Alternatively, a daily close below 1.0432 will take the parity down towards key supports around 1.0414/1.0349/1.0264/1.0222/1.0178 marks respectively.
- New Zealand’s retail sales q/q stands at 0.7 pct vs 1.7 pct previous release (expected 0.8).
- New Zealand’s core retail sales q/q stands at 0.5 pct vs 1.9 pct previous release (expected 0.9).