FxWirePro: Japanese yen trades marginally lower after core machinery orders, trade balance data
Wednesday, February 19, 2020 1:42 AM UTC
- USD/JPY is currently trading around 109.94 marks.
- It made intraday high at 109.96 mark and low at 109.84 levels.
- Intraday bias remains slightly bullish for the moment.
- A daily close above 110.09 will take the parity higher towards key resistances around 110.70, 111.44 and 112.40 levels respectively.
- On the other side, a sustained close below 109.75 will drag the parity down towards key supports around 109.30, 108.42, 107.84, 106.76 and 105.95 levels respectively.
- Japan’s core machinery orders m/m stands at -12.5 pct vs 18.0 pct previous release (expected -9.0).
- Japan’s trade balance stands at -0.22T vs -0.11T pct previous release (expected -0.55T).
- Japan’s Nikkei was trading 0.40 pct higher at 23,286.50 points.