FxWirePro: Aussie rises in early Asia after RBA governor Lowe’s speech
Friday, February 22, 2019 1:41 AM UTC
- AUD/NZD is currently trading around 1.0421 marks.
- Pair made intraday high at 1.0441 and low at 1.0406 marks.
- Intraday bias remains slightly bullish till the time pair holds key support around 1.0400 mark.
- A sustained close above 1.0418 will drag the parity higher towards key resistances around 1.0488/1.0540/1.0570/1.0590/1.0634 levels respectively.
- Alternatively, a daily close below 1.0418will take the parity down towards key supports around 1.0400/1.0365/1.0333/1.0237 marks respectively.
- Australia's S&P/ASX 200 index up 0.06 pct at 6,143.10 points in early trade.
- RBA's Lowe says does not see a strong case for a near-term change in the cash rate.
- RBA's Lowe says central scenario 3 pct growth this year.
- RBA's Lowe says we continue to expect unemployment to move lower over the next couple of years to around 4.75 percent.
- RBA's Lowe says outlook for domestic economy is not more negative than positive.
- RBA's Lowe says surprised by A$ reaction to the news on chinese coal block.