FxWirePro: USD/SEK slumps to 1-1/2 year trough, likely to fall below 9.0000
Wednesday, July 15, 2020 12:33 PM UTC
- The Swedish Krona rallied to a 1-1/2 year peak as the dollar eased against a basket of currencies.
- The dollar index hit 1-month low as progress towards a COVID-19 vaccine helped equities rebound and commodity currencies strengthen.
- The greenback against a basket of currencies traded 0.4 percent lower at 95.85, having touched a low of 95.83 earlier, its lowest since June 10.
- USD/SEK trades 0.6 percent down at 9.0433, having hit a low of 9.0343, its lowest since early February 2019.
- Immediate resistance is located at 9.1135, any close above could take it near 9.1307.
- On the lower side, support is seen at 9.0242, break below could take it till 8.9875.