FxWirePro: USD/NOK hits 2-week peak, faces strong resistance at 55-EMA
Tuesday, June 30, 2020 11:47 AM UTC
- The Norwegian Krone plunged to a 2-week low as the greenback rallied against a basket of currencies and crude oil prices slumped on demand worries.
- Crude oil prices declined as optimism for a recovery in fuel demand faded, while a looming increase in supply and a possible return of Libyan oil production weighed on the market.
- However, the downside in the Norwegian currency appears limited as data showed Norway's general public’s domestic loan debt increased 4.6 percent year-on-year to NOK 6,171 billion at the end of May, in line with previous month reading and market expectations.
- USD/NOK trades 0.5 percent higher at 9.6634, having touched a high of 9.7688 earlier, its highest June 15.
- Major resistance 55-EMA at 9.7956
- Major support 10-DMA at 9.6028.
- Immediate resistance is located at 9.7956, close above could take it till 9.8120.
- On the downside, support is around 9.6261 (20-EMA), break below could take it till 9.6028.