FxWirePro: Kiwi strengthens against major peers on the back of higher than expected retail sales data
Friday, August 23, 2019 1:05 AM UTC
- AUD/NZD is currently trading around 1.0573 marks.
- Pair made intraday high at 1.0614 and low at 1.0568 marks.
- Intraday bias remains bearish for the moment.
- A sustained close above 1.0610 will drag the parity higher towards key resistances around 1.0642, 1.0758, 1.0822, 1.0882 and 1.0951 levels respectively.
- Alternatively, a daily close below 1.0610 will take the parity down towards key supports around 1.0560/1.0518/1.0407/1.0339/1.0275/1.0237 marks respectively.
- Kiwi retail sales q/q 0.2 pct vs 0.7 pct previous release (expected 0.1 pct).
- Kiwi core retail sales q/q 0.3 pct vs 0.6 pct previous release (expected 0.2 pct).