NFL renews Pepsi partnership deal, seeks US$50 million for Super Bowl halftime rights with another sponsor
Cryptocurrency: Huobi Global boosts presence in Latin America via acquisition of Bitex crypto exchange
How To Handle Your Personal Injuries?
When you suffer minor or major injuries due to third party negligence, you are eligible for compensation. However, getting compensation after the injury is not simple as it may seem, you would need to hire a personal injury lawyer LA to get through the legal procedures. A majority of personal injury cases are settled outside the court with the help of a proficient lawyer; you would still need to take some steps to make sure you are safe from every dimension.
Initial Steps After The Accident
• Make Notes of The Accident: When you are involved in the accident caused due to the negligence of another person, it is important to take notes of the accidents. The note should mention the cause, description of injury, time and location of the accident, and details of the third party.
• Seek Medical Attention: If your injury is severe, try to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you think that injuries do not require immediate attention, it is essential to visit a hospital right after the accident.
• Hire An Attorney: You can file a personal injury lawsuit, but it is much more beneficial to consult a lawyer before getting involved in the case. A personal injury lawyer will give you detailed insights regarding the legalities of filing a lawsuit.
• Determine Insurance Coverage: If your accident involves motor vehicles, you are likely to receive insurance coverage. Consult your attorney and determine the possible insurance coverage you will receive.
• Calculate Your Damage: If the accident has damaged your vehicle or personal property, it is important to make an estimate of the damages that will be used against the third party while filing the lawsuit. Damages generally include damage to your property/vehicles, medical expenses, lost wages, loss of consortium, etc.
• Send Demand Letter: Once you have created an estimate of the damages and determined the coverage, it’s time to send a letter to the third party who is responsible for injuries. Ask him/her for compensation that has been calculated. An initial letter from your side is an offer to resolve the matter without the trail by accepting the payment.
Filing Law Suit
Once you have sent the initial letter, wait for their reply. If they have accepted your offer and agreed to pay the said amount, you can terminate the idea of approaching the court. In case the third party has denied paying you the compensation, you can draft a complaint and file a lawsuit in the court. Name the person who is responsible for the injuries and give detailed information regarding the accident and how much you have suffered medically and monetarily.
Negotiating A Settlement
When you file a lawsuit, your case will be discussed in the court, where both parties will put forward their points of defense. As you reach the end of interrogation and discovery, its time to review all the information that has been revealed so far. Assess your accident, calculate damages, and negotiate a settlement amount.
Getting involved in an accident is not your choice, but getting out of it safely becomes your concern. Personal injuries can bring you financial loss and medical instability due to the negligence of another person. Hiring a personal injury lawyer is always beneficial to safeguard your interests from any possible losses.
This article does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the editors or management of EconoTimes.