FxWirePro: USD/NOK hovers towards 6-month trough, struggles to break below 9.0000
Friday, July 31, 2020 12:17 PM UTC
- The Norwegian Krone surged, hovering towards a 6-month peak hit iin the prior session as the greenback eased against a basket of currencies.
- The dollar index declined to an over 2-year low after U.S. President Donald Trump raised the possibility of delaying the nation’s November presidential election.
- USD/NOK trades 0.1 down at 9.0580, having touched a low of 9.0013 on Thursday, its lowest since Jan 27.
- Immediate resistance is located at 9.1108 (7-EMA), close above could take it till 9.1395 (10-DMA).
- On the downside, support is around 9.000, break below could take it till 8.9870.