Not many economic data and events scheduled for today, but some with high volatility risks associated.
Data and events so far:
- China: House price index growth slowed to 10.3 percent in June from 10.7 percent in May. This is the weakest growth since February. Q2 GDP growth at 6.2 percent y/y, the weakest growth in more than two decades. However, Industrial production growth increased to 6.3 percent y/y in June from 5 percent in May. Retail sales grew 9.8 percent y/y in June, up from 8.6 percent in May.
- Switzerland: June PPI inflation report will be released at 6:30 GMT.
- United States: New York Empire State manufacturing report will be released at 12:30 GMT.
- New Zealand: CPI inflation report due at 22:45 GMT.
- Auction: The U.S. will auction 3-month and 6-month bills at 15:30 GMT.