FxWirePro: Japanese yen trades flat in early Asia despite higher than expected trade balance data
Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:43 AM UTC
- USD/JPY is currently trading around 108.17 marks.
- It made intraday high at 108.21 and low at 108.08 levels.
- Intraday bias remains neutral for the moment.
- A daily close above 108.10 will take the parity higher towards key resistances around 108.38, 108.95, 109.62, 110.70, 111.44 and 112.40 levels respectively.
- On the other side, a sustained close below 108.10 will drag the parity down towards key supports around 107.44, 106.76, 105.95, 104.00, 102.22, 101.68 and 100.98 levels respectively.
- Japan’s Nikkei was trading 0.02 pct higher at 22,006.50 points.
- Japan exports Aug y/y stands at -8.2 pct vs -1.5 pct previous release.
- Japan imports Aug y/y stands at -12.0 pct vs -1.2 pct previous release.
- Japan trade balance Aug y/y stands at -136.3B pct vs -250.7B pct previous release.
By Aarti Panchal