Since FOX canceled “Lucifer” Season 4 before Netflix took it off its hands, a lot about its schedule has been drastically affected, including the cast’s yearly appearance at the San Diego Comic Con (SDCC). This year, the show didn’t manage to set up a panel for the event since scheduling had been virtually impossible to organize.
But even though this is the case, the supernatural police drama’s leading actor, Tom Ellis (Lucifer), still found time to appear at the SDCC to the delight of the show’s fans. During the event, Ellis was asked by fans about what direction “Lucifer” Season 4 is going to take, CarterMatt reported.
Unfortunately, Ellis knows little about what’s in store for the characters in the fourth installment. The script for “Lucifer” Season 4 is currently being written and production is set to start on Aug. 13.
This indicates that longtime followers of the series should expect the next installment to drop in 2019. But even though Ellis is still in the dark, he said that “Lucifer” Season 4 will not undergo extreme changes as they didn’t want to divert from the paths that made it popular in the first place.
“One of the things that we have to be careful about as well is that the reason the show was so popular was because of the way it was," Ellis told Entertainment Weekly. "So we don’t want to mess around too much with that… we'll be encouraged a little more to maybe explore the mythology than perhaps we were before." The latter part of the quote is quite important since “Lucifer” Season 4 will have only 10 episodes.
When the show was still on FOX, the storyline mostly followed a diluted formula, and the main plot was lightly sprinkled on each episode. But now that Netflix is handling the series, “Lucifer” Season 4 will likely resolve a lot of conflicts and stomp out any noise that isn’t essential to the story moving forward.


Trump Threatens Legal Action Against Disney’s ABC Over Jimmy Kimmel’s Return
FCC Chair Brendan Carr to Testify Before Senate Commerce Committee Amid Disney-ABC Controversy
Trump to Pardon Reality Stars Todd and Julie Chrisley After Tax Fraud Conviction
Disney Investors Demand Records Over Jimmy Kimmel Suspension Controversy
Mexico Probes Miss Universe President Raul Rocha Over Alleged Criminal Links
Trump Proposes Two-Year Shutdown of Kennedy Center Amid Ongoing Turmoil
Google and NBCUniversal Strike Multi-Year Deal to Keep NBC Shows on YouTube TV
Trump Slams Super Bowl Halftime Show Featuring Bad Bunny
Trump Signals He May Influence Netflix–Warner Bros Merger Decision
Trump–Kushner Links Raise Concerns as Paramount Pushes $108B Warner Bros Discovery Bid
Paramount’s $108.4B Hostile Bid for Warner Bros Discovery Signals Major Shift in Hollywood
Trump-Inspired Cantonese Opera Brings Laughter and Political Satire to Hong Kong
Jazz Ensemble Cancels Kennedy Center New Year’s Eve Shows After Trump Renaming Sparks Backlash
Gulf Sovereign Funds Unite in Paramount–Skydance Bid for Warner Bros Discovery 



