- The Turkish Lira surged, extending gains for the fourth straight session as investors continued to digest the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey's (CBRT) interest rate decision.
- The CBRT slashed its one-week repo auction rate by another 200bps to 12 percent during its December meeting, beating market expectations of a 150bps cut.
- USD/TRY is trading 0.1 percent down at 5.7840, having hit a low of 5.7648 on Thursday, its lowest since December 6.
- On Thursday, the plunged to a 1-week low but found strong support at 21-EMA.
- Momentum indicators are turning bearish - RSI point south and Stochs are biased lower.
- Immediate resistance is located at 5.7951, any close above could take it above 5.8101.
- On the downside, support is seen at 5.7625 (21-EMA). and break below could take it near 5.7515 (55-EMA).
Recommendation: Good to sell on rallies around 5.7880, with stop loss of 5.7951 and target price of 5.7686.