FxWirePro: USD/DKK struggles to break above 21-EMA amid virus resurgence fears
Friday, July 3, 2020 9:53 AM UTC
- The Danish Krone nudged lower, extending previous session losses as the greenback steadied against a basket of currencies.
- The dollar index gained on the back of better-than-expected jobs data in the United States.
- The U.S. economy added more jobs than expected in June, with the nonfarm payrolls surging by 4.8 million jobs, above the average forecast of 3 million jobs in June.
- USD/DKK is trading 0.1 percent up at 6.6369, having hit low of 6.5922 on Thursday, its lowest since June 24.
- On Thursday, the pair fell to a 1-week low but retraced to close 0.1 percent higher at 6.6301.
- Immediate resistance is located at 6.6578, close above could take it till 6.6655.
- On the downside, support is seen at 6.6088 and any break below will take it till 6.5899.