FxWirePro: USD/DKK near 1-week peak, faces resistance at 21-EMA
Friday, May 22, 2020 8:57 AM UTC
- The Danish Krone declined, extending previous session losses, as the greenback surged to a near 1-week peak.
- The dollar gained as worries about rising diplomatic tensions between the United States and China supported safe-haven demand for the greenback.
- USD/DKK is trading 0.4 percent up at 6.8394, having hit low of 6.7732 the day before, its lowest since May 1.
- On Thursday, the pair fell to a near 3-week low below 200-DMA but retraced to close 0.3 percent up at 6.8102.
- Immediate resistance is located at 6.8502, close above could take it till 6.8594 (10-DMA).
- On the downside, support is seen at 6.8012, and any break below will take it till 6.7922.