FxWirePro: Danish Krone off near 2-week peak on downbeat industrial production figures
Tuesday, July 7, 2020 9:56 AM UTC
- The Danish Krone retreated from a near 2-week peak hit in the previous session following downbeat industrial production data, while the greenback rebounded against a basket of currencies.
- Denmark's industrial production tumbled 19 percent year-on-year in May, after a 9.7 percent fall in the previous month, its biggest decline since January 2010.
- The dollar index bounced back from a 1-1/2 week low as increasing new coronavirus cases and regional lockdowns in some countries boosted the dollar.
- USD/DKK is trading 0.4 percent up at 6.6144, having hit low of 6.5680 on Monday, its lowest since June 23.
- Immediate resistance is located at 6.6385 (21-EMA), close above could take it till 6.6630.
- On the downside, support is seen at 6.5604 and any break below will take it till 6.5368.