Productivity is still the main goal for many offices, despite the changing work environment and the transformation of the modern office space. Keeping your employees motivated is part of it, but the layout and the environment also play a big role in productivity. One thing that many offices could stand to do is to declutter, even just a little, and find better solutions for storage, such as renting a self-storage unit.
If you’re looking to increase productivity, here are some unique tips to keep in mind:
- Choose a layout that follows the workflow. Keep teams together, organize tasks into grouped areas, and make a space that is conducive to getting the job done. Another option is to allow team members to arrange their own spaces in a way that best suits their productivity.
- Capitalize on technology. Technology offers instant collaboration with a variety of tools and services for video conferencing, sharing information, and more. There are many ways you can add technology to increase productivity in the workplace. Take advantage of them.
- Offer collaborative spaces. Some people work better in groups or as part of a team when it comes to things like brainstorming or problem-solving. Give your employees a space to connect and collaborate to encourage teamwork and foster productivity.
- Get rid of the junk. If you’ve got a conference room filled with storage boxes, it’s a wasted space. Consider putting storage items and unused office furniture into self-storage so that it’s out of the way, but still there when you need it.
- Studies have shown that plants encourage productivity. They also filter the air and provide fresh oxygen, so it’s a win-win. Add a few low-maintenance plants to the space and see what happens.
- Encourage flexibility and “brain breaks”. A lot of people waste time during the day, or simply lose time, because of rigid scheduling or not getting enough breaks. Allowing employees more control over their time improves their productivity, and you’ll still get the work done.
There you have it. Rent a storage unit to clean out the clutter, give people more freedom with their time, and create an environment that fosters collaboration for the best results in creating a productive workforce.
This article does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the editors or management of EconoTimes.